WHAT: The Community Arts Center is holding auditions for the 2021 Student Summer Stock production of THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL directed by Dr. C. Austin Hill, with music direction by Diana Welshans, and choreography by Allison Wells Hill.
WHEN: Auditions will take place by VIDEO SUBMISSION. Videos should follow the guidelines below, and be EMAILED to THIS ADDRESS (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 6:00 PM on SATURDAY MAY 1st
WHO: This project is open to ANY actor in Lycoming or surrounding counties who is in grades 7-12 in the 2020-2021 school year.
WHAT TO SUBMIT please prepare and submit the following:
- A video recording of the actor singing a 1-2 minute-long song (or excerpt from a longer song) in the style of the show. In the video, please INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- Please sing to an accompaniment—a piano (live or recorded) or a karaoke track. It is VERY important that you do not submit an acapella recording (without backing music), as it is extremely difficult to assess pitch, tempo, rhythm, or nearly anything else without accompaniment.
- Please select music that shows off who you are and what your voice can do. There is no need to attempt a character voice from SpongeBob. Better would be to demonstrate your acting ability, and how well you can convey meaning through the music.
- In addition to signing up for an audition time, please fill out an audition form here: AUDITION FORM—We CANNOT CONSIDER YOUR AUDITION WITHOUT A COMPLETED AUDITION FORM
- If callbacks are needed, they will take place via ZOOM with more information to follow.
DETAILS ABOUT THE PROJECT—things you should know
- We plan to cast 25-30 actors. We have permission from the publisher to consider ANY actor (regardless of their gender identity) for ANY role in the show. We SPECIFICALLY want a DIVERSE cast—in as many ways as possible.
- We expect to start rehearsals on June 1. Rehearsals will be held on WEEKDAY EVENINGS between 5 and 10 PM (exact times will be set later)
- All rehearsals will be held at Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA (until the middle of July when we move into the Community Arts Center). All appropriate COVID precautions will be taken, including masks and social distancing, according to guidance from the state and Lycoming College.
- Performances will take place at the COMMUNITY ARTS CENTER in Williamsport from July 29-August 1.
- We anticipate being able to accommodate SOME scheduling conflicts—but please be aware that we expect this audition to be EXTREMELY competitive, so schedule availability may play a large role in our casting decisions. As a general rule, we will NOT accommodate schedule conflicts that are not listed on the Audition Form.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Hill at email@example.com